Using the revolutionary Megaformer, designed by fitness visionary Sebastian Lagree, in our signature 40 minute class, you will experience a one-of-a-kind full body workout, using slow, controlled movements, spring-loaded resistance training and constant engagement of your core to elevate your heart rate, mind and body to new limits. It is intense on the muscles, but low impact on the spine, joints and ligaments.
The Lagree Method is so unique and effective because it combines the 5 basic elements of physical fitness – cardio, strength, endurance, flexibility, and toning….In EACH and EVERY move!
The 5 elements are:
- Cardiorespiratory endurance: Your body’s ability to fuel to your muscle tissue during sustained physical activity. To improve your cardiorespiratory endurance, you need to keep your heart rate elevated (at a safe level) for a sustained length of time.
- Muscular strength: the muscle’s ability to exert force during an activity. You build strength by using resistance (pushing and pulling against the springs).
- Muscular endurance: Your muscles’ ability to perform without fatigue. in order to get to that point, you have to work them TO the point fatigue. This is why we focus on one major muscle group at a time, rather than alternate.
- Flexibility: the range of motion of a joint. The key to increasing flexibility is lengthening the muscles.
- Body composition (toning): the ratio of muscle, fat and bone in your body. The Lagree Method helps burn fat while building lean muscle; thus improving overall body composition. The result leaves you feeling more toned.
Interested in creating a deeper burn and lasting change? Try one or all of the following to help get your muscles to their point of fatigue:
- Change up the resistance! You can make the springload heavier or lighter (depending on the move) to increase or decrease the intensity.
- Change your range of motion! Generally speaking, the smaller the range of motion, the deeper the burn.
- Change your angle! Have you noticed a teaser is easier than a platform teaser? That is because the angle is different!
- Change your pace! Yes, you are probably tired of us saying “slow down,” but if you really want to become a pro, you have to go slower.
- STOP TAKING BREAKS! This is an underrated way to achieve those results you want to see. If you find yourself resting during the moves, consider making the resistance easier so that you are able to complete each exercise without breaking.
To read more about the science behind the Lagree Method, click here.
If you aren’t already hooked, come in now for a transformational workout and see why we were voted one of the best in San Diego!
Unlimited 2 Week Intro Offer