When we think about the Lagree Method, we think of a workout that will leave you feeling lean, toned and strong. Every single move we do at Elevate is designed to build strength & muscle, while toning and burning fat. However, here are a couple of our favorites that REALLY leave you feeling lean, toned, and strong. When done at least 3 times a week, you are guaranteed to notice a difference!
In our signature lunge, you will effectively target the hamstrings and glutes. This lunge also stretches the back leg, hip flexor, and core! Strengthening & lengthening at the same exact time!
Basic setup: 1 yellow spring
- Step your primary leg on the front platform and secondary leg on line 2,3,4; hip width distance apart for balance.
- While keeping your core engaged and your back leg straight, slowly start to bend your front knee to a 90 degree angle.
- Squeezing from the hamstring and glute of the front leg, slowly start to straighten your bent knee.
To activate the slow-twitch muscle fibers, repeat for 2 minutes. For an extra challenge, step your back leg farther to line 5,6,7 and keep your front leg bent at all times (no resting at the top!).
This killer upper body move focuses on the triceps and deltoids. Results? Super toned arms and back!
Basic setup: 4 yellow spring
- Grab your long straps and kneel on the carriage around line 5-6-7, facing the back platform.
- Keeping your glutes off your heels, hinge forward from your hips until your back is at a 45 degree angle to the floor.
- Lock your elbows to your hips, and slowly start to press your arms straight back behind you.
- Slowly resistist the tension as you bend at elbows to come back to the starting position.
Repeat for 1 minute! Remember to keep your lats engaged, your elbows lifted, and your chest open! For an extra challenge, try crossing your cables!
Looking to build some strength? Try the Runner’s Lunge! This move will make those legs shake, but you have to shake to get strong! Since this lunge is a pushing exercise, it is done with heavy spring resistance.
Basic setup: 1 Red, 2 yellow springs
- Step the target leg on the front platform and place the ball of the back foot against the front edge of your carriage.
- Bend your front knee as you push your glutes back & down to the floor.
- Keep your front knee bent the whole time and firmly press the front foot down towards the floor.
- Start to push the carriage out with your back foot and resist it back in, stopping the motion before the carriage completely closes.
Repeat for 2 minutes. Want an extra challenge? Try adding some carriage kicks!
Are you ready to get lean, toned, and strong? Sign up for a class now!